15 April, 2019RECIPES DAIRY-FREE DINNER GLUTEN-FREE LUNCH VEGAN
If you are feeling adventurous in the kitchen try this unique and deceivingly simple recipe. It will be worth the effort. The nutty flavour of the hemp seeds adds great texture and taste to this traditionally Mesoamerican savoury delight.
1. Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk together.
2. Add wet ingredients to the dry, and stir until mixture is combined.
3. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Remove mixture from refrigerator and combine with seitan.
5. Lay out corn husks and fill with cornmeal mix, then wrap.
6. In a bamboo steamer over boiling water, steam tamales for 7-8 minutes to heat thoroughly.
7. Combine corn, tomatoes, garlic, scallions and onions in a bowl.
8. Salt and pepper to taste. Top with a tomato salsa.
Instead of using milk, try using our Hemp Milk recipe as your non-dairy substitute.