15 April, 2019VEGAN DAIRY-FREE RECIPES GLUTEN-FREE DINNER LUNCH
You'll love the fresh flavour of this colourful salad. It is the perfect side to any meal and is very versatile for winter or summer. The richness of the hemp seeds and quinoa provide a punch of protein while the vegetables balance their creamy texture. Feeling adventurous? Check out the tips section for ways to kick this salad up a notch.
1. Bring water to a boil and add the rinsed quinoa. Allow to boil for three or four minutes, cover and reduce heat until water is absorbed, approximately ten minutes. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss carrots with olive oil and garlic. Roast on the baking sheet for 15 minutes. Allow to cool.
4. Toast hulled hemp seeds on a dry skillet heated to medium high. Toss continuously until lightly browned.
5. Toss carrots, hemp seeds and quinoa with lemon, green onion and herbs. Allow to fully chill and serve at room temperature.
Add some NATERA™ Maple Hemp Seeds or NATERA™ Himalayan Salted Hemp Seeds as a garnish for a unique touch of flavour.
Add additional shredded root vegetables for extra dimension - try beets, leeks or fennel. Yummm!