15 April, 2019BREAKFAST GLUTEN-FREE GREAT 4 KIDS HEALTHY SNACKS RECIPES SWEET TREATS
A healthier way you can enjoy a baked good is by substituting refined white flour for a whole spelt flour or whole grain flour and substituting refined sweetener (sugar) for an all natural version, in this case 100% pure maple syrup. These muffins are dense and wholesome and a great source of energy in the morning. Their whole grain profile will keep you satisfied for hours in between meals.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper cups.
2. Whisk oil, syrup, milk and eggs. In a separate bowl, sift dry ingredients together. Add wet to dry until just moist, adding hulled hemp seeds last.
3. Dispense batter into paper cups, filling 1/2 to 3/4 full.
4. Sprinkle tops of batter with the maple hemp seeds.
5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
As flour and elevation can affect your batter, if your muffin mixture is too thick, gradually add more milk.
Do not add additional dry ingredients without adding proportionate amounts of baking powder and salt to ensure your muffins will rise to be as fluffy as possible.
For additional protein, substitute a 1/4 cup of NATERA™ Vanilla Hemp Protein Powder for 1/4 cup of the flour. Final proportions will be 1/4 protein powder, 1 3/4 cups flour.