15 April, 2019DINNER HEALTHY SNACKS LIFESTYLE LUNCH OPTIMUM NUTRITION RECIPES
These Hemp, Carrot & Chickpea patties are bursting with Indian-inspired flavours. A perfect healthy dinner in 25 minutes; add a salad and zesty greek yogurt sauce and serve.
1. Grate carrots coarsely and set aside.
2. Peel & chop garlic roughly
3. Chop cilantro to make 6 tablespoons
4. Drain and rinse chick peas
5. Put chick peas, garlic, cilantro, cumin, and coriander into a food processor and process to a rough paste.
6. Add carrot, egg, and flour and process until mixed, but still chunky.
7. Heat oil in a frying pan
8. Split mixture into 8 patties
9. Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
10. Drain on paper towels & serve.
These patties are great served on a burger bun with a side salad. Or make a healthy greek yogurt sauce with the zest of a lemon, salt & pepper to taste. Also great made in advance, frozen and heated later as a healthy snack.